Safety Management Council
This council is for the fleet safety professional who wants to improve their safety management skills, stay current on new regulations and trends, network with other safety professionals in the trucking industry, and promote highway safety and sharing the roads.
- educational programs to enhance fleet safety management skills (regular monthly meetings are held the second Thursday of the month, September through May)
- coordinating efforts to interest people in truck driving careers
- volunteering for public safety outreach projects
- organizing the Nebraska Truck Driving Championships
- recognizing top performers with annual awards for fleets, safety directors and drivers, as well as a Driver of the Month recognition program
A competitor performs a pre-trip inspection during the annual truck driving championships.
A group of council volunteers conduct courtesy safety inspections for truckers at a scale operated by the Nebraska State Patrol.
Future Events – More Information Coming Soon!
February 14, 2019 : SMC Lunch and Learn
March 14, 2019 : SMC Lunch and Learn
Embassy Suites, 12520 Westport Pkwy, Omaha, NE
April 11, 2019 : SMC DOT Level One
May 9, 2019: SMC Volunteer Scale Checks
Waverly, NE – EB & WB Scales