Safety Management Council
This council is for the fleet safety professional who wants to improve their safety management skills, stay current on new regulations and trends, network with other safety professionals in the trucking industry, and promote highway safety and sharing the roads.
- educational programs to enhance fleet safety management skills (regular monthly meetings are held the second Thursday of the month, September through May)
- coordinating efforts to interest people in truck driving careers
- volunteering for public safety outreach projects
- organizing the Nebraska Truck Driving Championships
- recognizing top performers with annual awards for fleets, safety directors and drivers, as well as a Driver of the Month recognition program