Safety Management Council
This council is for the fleet safety professional who wants to improve their safety management skills, stay current on new regulations and trends, network with other safety professionals in the trucking industry, and promote highway safety and sharing the roads.
- educational programs to enhance fleet safety management skills (regular monthly meetings are held the second Thursday of the month, September through May)
- coordinating efforts to interest people in truck driving careers
- volunteering for public safety outreach projects
- organizing the Nebraska Truck Driving Championships
- recognizing top performers with annual awards for fleets, safety directors and drivers, as well as a Driver of the Month recognition program
A competitor performs a pre-trip inspection during the annual truck driving championships.
Future Events – More Information Coming Soon!
A group of council volunteers conduct courtesy safety inspections for truckers at a scale operated by the Nebraska State Patrol.
May 10, 2018 : SMC Courtesy Safety Scale Checks
Waverly, NE Scales
May 17, 2018 : Spring Conference
CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS
Friday & Saturday, June 8 – 9, 2018 : 2018 Nebraska Truck Driving Championships
Fonner Park, Grand Island, NE
CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS & REGISTRATION
July 12, 2018 : NE SuperTech Competition
August 15 – 18, 2018: ATA National Truck Driving Championships
How to join & register for the event:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the SMC communications.