Safety Management Council
This council is for the fleet safety professional who wants to improve their safety management skills, stay current on new regulations and trends, network with other safety professionals in the trucking industry, and promote highway safety and sharing the roads.
- educational programs to enhance fleet safety management skills (regular monthly meetings are held the second Thursday of the month, September through May)
- coordinating efforts to interest people in truck driving careers
- volunteering for public safety outreach projects
- organizing the Nebraska Truck Driving Championships
- recognizing top performers with annual awards for fleets, safety directors and drivers, as well as a Driver of the Month recognition program
A competitor performs a pre-trip inspection during the annual truck driving championships.
A group of council volunteers conduct courtesy safety inspections for truckers at a scale operated by the Nebraska State Patrol.
SMC Lunch & Learn : OSHA
Thursday, September 13 at Firespring 201 Infinity Court, Lincoln, Nebraska
About our presenter: Jeff Funke is currently the Area Director for the Omaha, Nebraska Office of OSHA. Mr. Funke began his career with OSHA in 2001 as an Industrial Hygienist in the Billings, Montana Area Office of OSHA. During his 18 year tenure with the agency, Funke has served as Assistant Area Director for the Mobile, Alabama Area Office of OSHA and as the Area Director in San Antonio, Texas. Click here for further event details!
How to join & register for the event:
Email email@example.com to receive the SMC communications.
Registration Required by September 11th
Future Events – More Information Coming Soon!
September 24 – 25, 2018: NTA Fall Management Conference
CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS
October 11, 2018 : SMC Lunch and Learn
November 8, 2018 : SMC Lunch and Learn
December 13, 2018 : SMC Lunch and Learn
January, 2019 – TBA : SMC Safety Summit
February 14, 2019 : SMC Lunch and Learn
March 14, 2019 : SMC Lunch and Learn
April, 2019 – TBA : SMC DOT Level One
May 9, 2019: SMC Volunteer Scale Checks
Waverly, NE – EB & WB Scales