Safety Management Council
This council is for the fleet safety professional who wants to improve their safety management skills, stay current on new regulations and trends, network with other safety professionals in the trucking industry, and promote highway safety and sharing the roads.
- educational programs to enhance fleet safety management skills (regular monthly meetings are held the second Thursday of the month, September through May)
- coordinating efforts to interest people in truck driving careers
- volunteering for public safety outreach projects
- organizing the Nebraska Truck Driving Championships
- recognizing top performers with annual awards for fleets, safety directors and drivers, as well as a Driver of the Month recognition program
A competitor performs a pre-trip inspection during the annual truck driving championships.
A group of council volunteers conduct courtesy safety inspections for truckers at a scale operated by the Nebraska State Patrol.
Future Events – More Information Coming Soon!
September 2019: SMC Lunch & Learn
September 25 – 27, 2019: NTA Management Conference – Convention & Awards
Holthus Convention Center, York – Click Here for More Details!
October 21 – 22, 2019: NTA Presents NATMI CSS & CDS Fleet Safety Certification Courses
Motor Fleet Safety Basics, Lincoln Nebraska – Click Here for More Details!
October 23 – 24, 2019: NTA Presents NATMI CSS & CDS Fleet Safety Certification Courses
Managing Motor Fleet Safety Programs, Lincoln Nebraska – Click Here for More Details!
October 25, 2019: NTA Presents NATMI CSS & CDS Fleet Safety Certification Courses
Certification Exam, Lincoln Nebraska – Click Here for More Details!
November 2019: SMC Lunch & Learn
December 2019: SMC Lunch & Learn